Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Kindness at the tea stall.

I sometimes have my breakfast at the small "tapri" alongside the road. One day while I was eating my bread-omlette a woman in worn out saree came there with  holding a small girl. She asked for a cup of tea. The owner uncle was hesitant. He thought that she was asking for free tea.
"Paisaa kaun dega?" (Who will give the money?), he exclaimed. The woman seemed to be used to this kind of reaction from people and defiantly told that she will pay, showing a ten rupee note in her hand.
Uncle calmed down instantly and asked his employee to give her the tea. May be he felt bad about his behaviour and noticing the small kid, he offered some "fans" (a kind of snacks to that people eat with tea) to the kid -- for free.
I chuckled, and after the kid's mother accepted the gift, uncle too smiled in his heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment